We can offer you a comprehensive range of Engineering Insurance Products such as:
- Contractors All Risks: From inception of construction work, construction sites face an array of perils that could cost the contractor and all those involved both time and money if they do not have the best resources in place. It is therefore important that you obtain the correct cover for their specific projects in order to ensure that they do not suffer any unnecessary loss following an incident. CAR insurance covers all types of building and civil engineering construction including, amongst others, residential housing (both individual homes and large estates), commercial development (such as office blocks, warehouses and shopping centers) and civil infrastructure (such as roads, dams, sewerage reticulation and pipelines), indemnifying the insured against the hazards, such as:
- Flood, Rain Storm, Water
- Subsidence, Landslip
- Accidental Damage
that may threaten these works whilst under construction.
- Contractors Third Party Liability: A contractor's liability insurance basically covers all third-party claims. This includes lawsuits and complaints filed by clients and other parties whenever damages and accidents arise in your business site.
Contractor's liability insurance covers:
- Bodily injury and Property damage. If a person is injured or suffers damage to his property, he can file a claim against the contractor.
- Products and completed operations. If the contractor's project caused harm due to a defect, the insurance will step in to cover the costs subject to the policy's terms and conditions. This is even when the project or product has long been finished. For instance, if an electrical engineer is hired to setup the wiring of a house and the wiring proves to be faulty and results in a fire, the owners can sue the contractor.
- Personal and advertising injury. This involves damages resulting from slander, libel or false claims.
- Plant All Risks: Construction and erection works often call for the use of heavy, specialized machinery such as tunnel boring machines, earthmoving equipment, cranes, pumps, air compressors etc. to ensure that project’s success.
Just like the site itself, the Plant being used in the process also faces a myriad of perils that threaten its ongoing use. Plant All Risks insurance covers the insured on an “All Risks” basis for any unforeseen, sudden, physical loss or damage as a result of fire, theft and impact damage to the insured Plant and/ or Equipment whilst it is in use on site, in transit or being stored.